We all know that marriage is the biggest step in a relationship and it represents the commitment and love you have for someone with whom you’ve decided on forever. However, love isn’t always enough as you might need to consider some very important things that go beyond love like family, children dealing with conflicts, beliefs etcetera before you shift from “YES” to the “I DO”. 12 questions to ask before you get married, you really need to have a chat about!
But that doesn’t mean that the conversation between the two of you must be as serious as the step you’re about to take! Today, we picked 12 questions to ask before you get married that you’ll definitely enjoy asking and receive answers to now as you are planning your wedding. On the other side of the coin, you will have to take those answers way more seriously than they might seem, so you can have a clearer idea about your partner’s mindset and plans for the two of you.
So many ways are guaranteed to bring glee and merriment to your relationship sealed by marriage and one of them happens to be poking fun questions on your significant other! Here are 12 questions to ask before you get married. (Focus on the last one).
- Would you rather choose staying at home with me or going on a date with me tonight?
- If you woke up one day as an opposite sex, what are the three things that you would definitely do?
- How would you like to spend the rest of our lives when we become old and wrinkly?
- Besides me, what’s your most favorite thing in the world?
- What was your most embarrassing romantic blunder?
- What’s the craziest dream you’ve ever had?
- As a teenager, what’s the naughtiest thing you did?
- What would you do, if you suddenly turned completely invisible for a day?
- If you were given a chance, what would you change your name into?
- What is the most expensive thing you would spend your money on if you won the lottery?
- What fashion fail did you embrace?
- What is one thing that you refuse to share, even with me?
We would recommend to use those questions as you see fit. Take them as they are or even come up with new questions based on them. But the one and only requirement for this is passion. Remember that passion is the depth of every love experience. So, if you poke playful passion every now and then, rest assured that you’ll end up having a happy, passionate and successful married life!
Alongside those funny questions, you can have a deeper conversation and ask your partner some questions, all while you bear in mind that getting married happens in just one day, and then you have the whole rest of your lives to think about. So, talk about how you see your lives and your visions regarding married life and consider some of the following questions to ask your partner. Each question is designed to make sure you know what you’re getting into before you sign that “love you for life!” contract.
- If you had to go a month without me, what would you miss the most?
- Is there a secret that you have been hiding from me?
- How would you like me to express my love for you?
- What annoys you most about me?
- What scares you the most?
- If you could change one only thing about yourself, what would it be?
- When was the first time you knew that I was the one you wanted to spend the rest of your life with?
- What traits do you like most about me?
- Have I ever embarrassed you?
- What’s the least important thing that is very important to you?
- Will you be a strict parent or more easygoing?
- What does “marriage” mean to you?
- How do you handle stress, frustration and disappointments in your life?
Here’s a very important thing to shed light on! When life happens, we either cope with things positively or negatively. It is good to know how your partner handles things when life might throw him or her an unexpected!
Sometimes there’s a persisting worry or an unfinished conversation that you just never find the right moment to bring up. We advise you to dedicate a time to speak about these worries directly, so both of you can air out all your thoughts and feelings without feeling guilty about dredging up the past. It’s important that to address all issues head-on before getting married.
Finally, after answering these questions, you should be able to make an informed decision about starting a life with your partner. And if you don’t know the answer to any of these questions, consider that as a conversation starter with your significant other, and GOOD LUCK on keeping romance alive during wedding planning!