If you are looking for the best advice to plan wedding, then you know by now that planning a wedding can be overwhelming and daunting! There are so many things to do and decisions to make, it’s hard to know where to start. But with the tips we’re going to give you in this blog post, you’ll have an easier time planning your big day!
You will definitely want to ensure your special day goes without a hitch with our foolproof advice. From venues to the guest list, we’ve got the wedding planning tips to ensure your big day is glitch-free, so read on!
When to start planning a wedding
When to start planning a wedding? A question you’ll be asking the minute you get engaged and everyone will, anyways! However, to find the right answer to this question, one important conversation you need to have shortly after the ring is presented.
Talk to your partner about if you want to have a long or a short engagement. You don’t have to have a broad discussion about your wedding just yet, but the estimated timeframe is a good one to chat about right away.
On a side note, so many couples forget to pause and celebrate their engagement before rushing into wedding planning logistics! Experts suggest to wait at least one month before diving into wedding details, so make sure to enjoy your just-got-engaged glow while it lasts.
Start planning early!
The best advice to plan wedding is to start planning early! Enjoy the engagement phase but that doesn’t mean you have to wait two years before you start planning. The earlier you get onto it, the easier, and less stressful it will be as your day approaches. Having a clear plan before you start will help you keep on top of everything and be sure that you don’t forget something important. Insurance, rough guest list numbers, and the budget should always be your first three things.
Planning a small intimate wedding
Stressed out by the thought of gathering hundreds of your “nearest and dearest” together for your wedding day? Eloping may have crossed your mind, but that’s not the only way to avoid the crowd. Instead, have all the fixings of a wedding, but on a much smaller scale. So, to planning a small intimate wedding, all you’ve got to do is to follow these tips:
- Start planning your guest list: the first step to planning a small intimate wedding is planning your guest list! If you’re having a hard time narrowing down your guest list, think about how close your relationship is with your guest! That will help ensure you are truly comfortable with those you surround yourselves with on your wedding day.
- Consider a small and intimate venue: Consider, when planning a small intimate wedding, unique spaces that have everything you need in one place! Just be sure you love everything about it, from the style and the menu to the existing décor, as restaurants often have restrictions on decorations.
- Get creative with seating arrangements: Making the space feel intimate can be so fun and special! Now you have the opportunity to get really creative with seating and table layouts, as well as adding things like a lounge or creative bars and food stations.
- Detail the space: A smaller wedding means that you can go all-in on the details. Design the space, not just the tables—consider lights, plants, fabrics, and anything else that will create an ambiance.
- Invest in your photographer: Hire a trusted photographer who will capture the laughter, the tears, and the clinking glasses, since those are the moments you’ll treasure most.
One thing to remember: you only get married once so do what makes you and your partner happy no matter what!
How long does it take to plan a wedding?
It’s difficult to put an exact timeframe on how long it takes to plan a wedding, because no two couples are ever the same! Some couples would take on month to plan their wedding and some other would take 2 years! But research showed that most couples spend approximately between one year and 18 months planning their wedding!
Moreover, the number will vary from couple to couple, and it really depends on the venue, its location, and the type of wedding you’re hoping to plan. Also, that depends on how much time you’re willing to put in. Some couples care a great deal about every small detail, but weighing various options for each element requires more time and energy.
Finally, wedding planning can be stressful, we all know that! But, if you find yourself getting too caught up in it all, the best advice plan wedding is to take a step back and remind yourself what your wedding is really about – you marrying the love of your life! And now make sure not to miss the top wedding trends for 2022!