What shoes to wear with a-line dress? A question every woman would ask when choosing an a-line cocktail dress or a line lace dress with sleeves for her next event! That’s not only it, if you’re planning your wedding and just started your wedding dress, then you’re definitely wondering what to wear with a line of wedding dresses! So, here you go!
What is a line dress?
First off first, and before we start with what shoes to wear with a line dress, let’s explore together the a-line silhouette!
The A dress silhouette is the overall shape that a dress creates when it hangs on your body! It’s the outline of the dress rather than all the little details. Moreover, the A-line silhouette is meant to emphasize a small waist, especially popular in everything from wedding dresses to bridesmaid dresses to everyday outfits!
You can see below one of the astonishing A-line wedding dresses, by Eva Lendel. Hence, if you liked this wedding dress, you can find it at Esposa stores in Dubai, Esposa in Lebanon, or Esposa bridal shop in Riyadh. So, make your way to the closest store to you and shop it now!
Needless to say, Esposa bridal stores entail a wide variety of bridal collections that cater to all tastes. All you need to do right now is book your appointment to start this one of its kind experience!
How to pick the right shoes?
What shoes to wear with a-line dress? Before you get the answer to this question, here are the most important things that should focus on when choosing a black strapless a-line dress or any other a-line dress.
- Find the dress first
- Research all the options
- Stick to your style
- Consider the venue and the event
What shoes to wear with a-line dress?
Now, you picked your a-line wedding dress and are ready to search for the right shoes that go perfectly with it! So what shoes to wear with a-line dress? Let’s find out.
Well, the answer to your question, will depend on your height and figure type but there are some general guidelines!
The A-line dress is a favorite among women of all ages. The best way to wear this classic style? Try some high heels or pumps with it! If you’re below 160 cm, then go heels or boots as they’ll help give the illusion of length!
Women tend to prioritize style over comfort, and this is what you shouldn’t do whether on your wedding day or any other occasion.
However, you need to prioritize comfort to be able to enjoy the event you’re attending. With that said, your first consideration should be heel height! The higher the heel, the more pressure on the ball of your foot. A low-to-mid-height heel and even a chunkier heel will keep you standing and even dancing comfortably that much longer, and there are plenty of gorgeous bridal flats out there, too.
Furthermore, if you have narrow or wide feet, opt for shoes that have laces or buckles as they offer adjustability in width.
Characteristics of an A-Line Dresses
Simple a-line wedding dresses can feature hemlines ranging in length from full skirts to ending above your knees, and any kind of neckline. Discover some of the a-line dress characteristics:
- Fit in the shoulders or waist: A-line dresses need to have a narrow fit near the top of the dress to create the point of the letter “A.” Thus, they need to be fitted up top, either fitted at the shoulders or remaining fitted from the shoulders to the natural waist.
- Few embellishments in the skirt: A-line dresses need to flare out comfortably from the hips, so they usually don’t include details that would affect the drape, like pockets or slits. In addition, they usually rely on simple sewing tricks to get the right shape, rather than pleats, for a simple, streamlined look.
How to choose your wedding shoes?
Now that you knew what shoes to wear with a-line dress, here are some tips on how to choose your wedding shoes:
- Match your shoes with your dress: the color and style of your shoes should be matching your wedding dress. Unless you want your shoes to stand out in color, you should know that there are many shades of white and it takes time to find the closest one to your gown’s color. Also, your wedding shoes can also recall your dress style by incorporating similar embroidery or lace.
- Take measurements: Knowing the exact height of shoes you need for your dress is one of the most important tips you need to consider when choosing your wedding shoes. So, take the right measurements while trying your wedding gown and order your shoes accordingly.
- Consider the season: Did you know that there’s a shoe style for every season? If you’re having a beach wedding, forget about the heels and go for flat shoes. A winter wedding would impose closed-toe shoes, but it doesn’t mean they’re any less sexy or elegant!